Follows instructions from supervisor / team lead or blueprints in order to weld all necessary parts together.
- Read and interpret blueprints and test sheets; gather and organize all parts in a logical building order.
- Determine appropriate work service (table, saw horse, floor).
- Grind parts as necessary in preparation for welding and finalizing.
- Set welding gun to correct thickness; operate welding gun and plasma torch to weld and cut necessary holes.
- Produce quality welds on a variety of metals (mild steel, aluminum, stainless and galvanized steel), while operating in horizontal, vertical and overhead positions.
- Visually inspect work to ensure that all parts are correctly welded to TCF engineering and quality standards (no holes, no splatter and correct measurements).
- Tag product; have supervisor/team lead inspect product.
- Operate forklift/bridge crane/pallet jack to deliver product to wash or blast booth.
- Additional duties may be assigned, dependent upon location and product line.
- High school diploma or GED
- 12+ months related experience and/or training (technical school) or equivalent combination of education and experience. Vocational technical school preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals written in English.
- Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions and decimals; Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to use tools in a safe and proper manner
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations and Required Training
The following certifications and training, if required, will be provided by the company:
- Forklift Certificate
- Bridge Crane Training
- Welding Certificate(s) as needed
- Fall Protection Training
- Compressed Gases Training